Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A sauté pan and the magic bullet

When I drive home from work, I think about my workout an eating. I love food. In college, Amanda graciously made homemade scones, tasty Asian dinners and fantastic fries. Megan would throw together a secret Italian sauce with some pasta for us too. What did I do? Provide wine, laughter and maybe a healthy salad.

Thanks to them, I had to learn to cook when I moved out. Or else I wouldn't eat anything but packaged goods. Me.

So today, I had these cute little mini squashes and an acorn squash. I made a fabulous almond orange pesto with cilantro. And too much garlic. I need to lay low on that. At least I warded off the vampires tonight. I sautéed some onions and microwave cooked the squash. I crave savory.

I threw some butter, brown sugar and raisins into the acorn squash. That'll be a delicious winter lunch tomorrow!

Don't forget the seeds! I baked them with salt and curry powder. Delicioso!

Another relaxing night by the oven side.

Tomorrow? Potato leek pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment