Friday, October 28, 2011

Mountain town: population 1200

2 weeks ago, Katherine and I were chatting via our school messenger and decided to book a hotel room in Crested Butte. My initial thoughts: On the search for a mountain man with a burly beard, leather skin and a knack for hunting dinner. That was my dream fall break. It's obvious he will be a stellar skier or boarder.

We heard the live music, saw the lights on, heard laughter and cheer and saw the PBR on tap. I scanned the room for the blue-eyes that could catch me and take me to the dance floor. Instead, we walked thru the...what's that generation? Oh, yeah, a bunch of baby boomers. And their kids... and some 7 year olds. The silver fox was a little too leather faced for me.

So, because we SCREAMED "we are tourists" we left. And walked to the touristy brewery.

How do people find love in crested butte, with a population of 1200?


No comments:

Post a Comment