Saturday, May 15, 2010

Salsa & Summer

Our staff had a BBQ this afternoon. All the teachers, their families and a few more friends spent all Saturday afternoon outside. The crazy Denver rain left in time for the sun to come out for our BBQ party. The theme: Guac-Off. Two of our creative minds came together and planned a salsa & guacamole competition. Who could make the best salsa &/or guac?

No bribing and all present were able to cast their votes. After eating about 1/2 cup of salsa and probably consuming no less than 3 avocados, we cast our votes. A landslide victory for best salsa - ME! I have never made salsa before but I took a recipe from the lovely food network and changed it up a bit.

It was a grilled pineapple mango salsa but I made sure to use a whole serrano pepper as well as 1 whole green pepper, part of a yellow and green pepper. The recipe also would have resulted in chunky salsa but I threw the ingredients in my blender. Long story - my food processor decided not to work today. I have no idea what happened.

All in all, a great BBQ! We've got 4 weeks until summer vacation. Which means....

5 weeks and a few days until I am out of here and on the airplane heading to South America!

No comments:

Post a Comment