Monday, May 17, 2010

May & snowboarding

Arapahoe Basin is open until early June.

Here's the math on that: first day up riding was in November, a few weekends in December, all of January and February (minus a weekend for a fabulous friends' wedding) and multiple days in a row in March. April brought 2 weekends, including my birthday weekend at Vail. Epic. It had been 4 weeks and I was in withdrawal.

The past few weekends flew by and I have no idea what I did in Denver. I remember friends asking me about places to go, things to do. All I knew was the trip from Denver to Breck/Vail/BV Creek took about an hour and half to two hours.

So when Chris asked if I wanted to go A-Basin this weekend I jumped for joy! The first ride down brought me right back to center. The missing element in my life was fulfilled. Even though it is May and I've been running in a tank-top and shorts in Denver, there were 7 newer inches in the past 3 days. In May.



Final bit of math: I'll be on a snowboard 8 months out of 12 this year.

July. Argentina. Let's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment