Thursday, February 7, 2013

Why Is Education Important?

Sure, I taught some kid some math for a few years. But, did I ever stop to think about my role as a global educator?

No. Maybe that's where I went "wrong" and felt lost. Why is education important? I'm a mentor to kids that want the opportunity to freely be themselves. Literacy + problem-solving skills (sciences) = increased knowledge, refined communication skills, experience collaborating and so much more! We've got to share our food, land, water with 7 billion people. How do we do that peacefully? How do we create a shared vision across continents, for liberty, happiness and health?

My friend Ken is asking a similar question and even better, he's got a solution.

Read and be part of a global project that will bring LITERACY to more kids!

And - maybe you'll win a free round-trip airline ticket or have your name on a golden plaque in Cambodia.

You're reading this because... Someone gave you a book, someone taught you to read, someone supported your curiosity. Shouldn't each kid be given that opportunity?





No comments:

Post a Comment