Sunday, April 10, 2011

I teach for....

I teach so that my students will ONE DAY stand in front of a room of people and share how one teacher changed their life.

I teach so that students can advocate for themselves and know they deserve the best from themselves and demand a great education, from their teachers and earn scholarships for college.

I teach to change the minds of the people living outside of poverty and low income communities, so they can hear from me that all students, regardless of their bank account (or lack thereof) can and will achieve at the same level as their wealthier counterparts.

I teach to instill a love of learning to kids that hate school. Math rocks!

I teach to prove the doubters wrong. A student from the "wrong side of the tracks" knows hard work, knows college is a goal, knows their life will change for their family with an education....because great teachers teach change.

I teach for social justice and the future of this country.

Thanks to Teach for America for opening up this opportunity and helping me find myself and my ONE day....

One day, my students will be leaders and problem solvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment