Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Buenos Aires

Where do I begin?

The party never stops in Buenos Aires. The first night here I was out until 5 or 6 AM, dancing and drinking. The salsa and reggaeton are SO FUN to dance to, I need to start a club in Denver for Latin dancing. It could be the next big thing. Anyway, I had class at 9 AM and I am pretty sure that for 2 of the 5 days of class I arrived with less than 5 hours of sleep. Each day, our profe asks what we did during the afternoon and at night and I just look at him...do you see the sleep in my eyes? But we are having SO MUCH FUN!

I am learning Portuguese. I can understand 80% of a conversation between Brasilians because I live with 8 Brasilians and there are so many at the school. I have even learned a few phrases. We had a party at our house - I live in a house with 10 or 11 people from our Spanish school - and I gave a hostess speech, my opening line was in Portuguese. Some of the people at the party thought I was from Argentina because I was speaking in Portuguese and Spanish. A dream come true for me.

Last night I was mistaken for Argentinian as well because people from our Spanish school did not think I spoke English. Hell yeah! Argentinians know I am not a porteƱa but they do recognize my Chilean accent and Chilean phrases.

Buenos Aires is a city for night people. I never consider myself a night person, but here we start the party around 11 or 12 at night and the clubs, called boliches, start filling up around 2 am. How do people do this!? I am loving it right now.

Last night we were at this place called Las Brujas and it is a salsa, merengue and reggaeton club. On a Tuesday night, it was packed and full of partiers. Beautiful man and a DJ that sings great songs.

Of course... the hotties are plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment